At Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers, we value your patronage and the trust you’ve placed in us. We respect your privacy and place a strong emphasis on keeping your personal information secure and confidential throughout your term with us. This notice details our policy regarding the collection and disclosure of nonpublic personal information.
How We Collect Information
Most of our data will be collected directly from you. Depending on the nature of your insurance transaction, we may require information, such as your Social Security Number, birth date, and account information- all of which will be recorded and maintained in an encrypted form on our secure servers. We collect your nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
• Applications or other forms on our website
• Transaction information such as claims, billing/payment history, and other information we receive from you, our affiliates, and others; and
• Information we derive from other agents, brokers, legal counsel, administrators, and consumer reporting agencies
How We Maintain the Confidentiality of Your Data
Access to your nonpublic personal information is restricted to our employees who need it to assist you with our services. We maintain strict physical and electronic safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your private information.
What We May Disclose to Third Parties and Affiliates
Except as permitted by law, at Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers, we do not offer any nonpublic personal information about our clients to anyone. We may disclose necessary nonpublic information about you to our affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties in order to administer, enforce or effect your request. This will include:
• Other insurers who might write your renewed policies
• Claims administrators
• Appraisers, inspectors, and other insurance support services
• Governmental agencies, if required
• Affiliates or third parties involved in the audit of the insurance provider or other related agents
• Agencies or persons legally entitled to such information under a court order or subpoena
• Any mortgagee, lienholder, or other person with a legal or beneficial interest in the policy
If You Choose to Opt Out
If you prefer not to make your personal information available to nonaffiliated third parties, you may inform us. However, we may disclose certain information as allowed by law. To opt out, call us at 1 (800) 272-3256
How to Access or Correct Your Records with Us
If you have any questions about your information recorded with us, feel free to write to us. If you wish, you may access this information in person or receive a copy at a reasonable charge after a written request. If you wish to amend, delete, or correct any information, we will review your request and make the required changes. However, if we do not make the changes requested, you may submit a short written statement identifying the disputed information.
For more information, contact us at :
Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers
751 Daily Drive, Suite 230|Camarillo, CA 93010