Celebrate National Pasta Day with this fun recipe!
Is your favorite farfalle? Prefer penne? Love linguini? Today marks National Pasta Day, and across the nation, people are whipping up their favorite pasta dishes!
Pasta is the traditional Italian cuisine, first referenced back to 1154 in Sicily. Since then, it’s been loved by many across the world. Today, we celebrate the lovely loops with a tasty and delightful pasta dish.
Select your favorite spaghetti and get ready to wow some taste buds with this pasta salad! Post a picture of your creation on social media, using the hashtag #NationalPastaDay.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ cups haricots verts, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 6-8 spring onions, using the white + light green parts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbs almond milk
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- 4 Tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt + pepper
- From the spring onions, take the white bulb + ½ inch above the bulb, where it starts to turn light green. Roughly chop, and combine with all other ingredients in a high-speed blender. Mix until the vinaigrette has a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Cook pasta according to directions. When finished cooking, drain and set aside to cool.
- Chop tomatoes and haricots verts, mixing 1½ cups each with pasta once it has cooled.
- Finely chop kale, and combine 1 cup with pasta salad.
- When pasta and veggies are mixed, drizzle generously with vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
From the insurance professionals at Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers, we hope that you enjoy celebrating National Pasta Day! While you celebrate this, leave your insurance policies in the very capable hands of our professionals. Visit us for all of your insurance needs today.