The importance of performing an annual review of your insurance policies.
The end of the year is nearing and now is the time to review your insurance policies. As the New Year’s celebrations roll around, people find themselves reassessing the year they’ve had, their future goals, and their plans for the forthcoming year. It’s always a good idea to head into the New Year protected.
- Have you remodeled your home recently? If you’ve made a major update to the property, such as getting a new kitchen or adding a master suite, update your homeowners insurance. If the value of your property increases, your insurance will need to increase to cover the whole home’s worth.
- Now is the time to update your home inventory with all of those precious gifts that you received during the holidays! If you were gifted with precious items such as jewelry, antiques, artwork, musical instruments, and other high-value items, you might need additional coverage to protect these belongings.
- Did you adopt a dog? Certain dog breeds require higher liability limits.
- Did you purchase a new vehicle this year? Consider adding on uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance, which protects your new vehicle against hit and runs, and from getting into accidents with motorists who have little or no insurance.
- If you’ve paid off the loan on your older vehicle, it could be time to raise your deductible or drop comprehensive and collision coverage. Find out the value of your vehicle before you decide to drop coverage to ensure it’s worth it.
Do you need help selecting personal insurance policies? Before the year is up, give Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers a call – our team of experts can help you determine what policies, deductibles, limits, and premiums are right for your needs so that you can enter the New Year worry-free. Contact us today for more information.