Get moving in May for National Physical Fitness and Sports Month.
It’s no secret that regular physical activity is good for everyone’s health, and people of all ages and body types can be physically active. The month of May is a dedicated time to raise the nation’s awareness of the importance of getting active, so take advantage of the warmer days to get outside and exercise!
While we all know that getting active is important, do we know why? If you need some motivation, here are some good reasons to stay fit and active.
- Children and adolescents – Physical activity can improve muscular fitness, bone health, and heart health.
- Adults – Physical activity can lower the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer.
- Older adults – Physical activity can lower the risk of falls and improve cognitive functioning (like learning and judgment skills).
Before you splurge on that costly gym membership, try these easy ways to work some exercise into your daily routine!
- Take a friend along for company on a walk through your neighborhood.
- Pursue gardening or other yard work, including mowing or raking.
- Take your kids on a bike ride or have them push a baby stroller around the block.
- Even if you’re watching the TV, move up from the sofa to do some push-ups, star jumps, and sit-ups!
- Walk up and down the stairs instead of taking the elevator.
- Take exercise breaks for walks about the building or parking lot.
- Hold walking meetings for some fresh air and a change of scenery!
- Walk or ride a bike to work.
What are you waiting for? Get moving today!
To take care of your financial future, contact Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers for all of your insurance needs today! Serving California with quality insurance, our dedicated professionals work to provide you with suitable and affordable coverage.