Try this healthy and light spring recipe in this bright season!
What better way to welcome spring in than with a healthy and vibrant recipe that is full of fresh produce? Put down the rubber gloves and mop – it’s time to celebrate spring with this recipe rather than daily spring cleaning!
The following recipe is as green as the fledging leaves sprouting from the trees outside! It contains more produce than noodles, which keeps it fresh and light.
Whip this one up today!
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 2 cups frozen organic edamame
- 10 ounces (about 3 cups) sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 6 medium-sized carrots, peeled
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (about 2 handfuls)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons quality peanut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon white miso*
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- To prepare the vegetables: Roughly chop the peas and slice the carrots into long, thin strips with a julienne peeler.
- To make the sauce: whisk together the ingredients in a small bowl until emulsified. Set aside.
- Bring two big pots of water to a boil. In the meantime, toast the sesame seeds: Pour the sesame seeds into a small pan. Toast for about 4 to 5 minutes over medium-low heat, shaking the pan frequently to prevent burning, until the seeds are turning golden and starting to make popping noises.
- Once the pots of water are boiling: In one pot, cook the soba noodles just until al dente, according to package directions (probably about 5 minutes), then drain and briefly rinse under cool water. Cook the frozen edamame in the other pot until warmed through (about 4 to 6 minutes) but before draining, toss the halved peas into the boiling edamame water and cook for an additional 20 seconds. Drain.
- Combine the soba noodles, edamame, snap peas and carrots in a large serving bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss with salad servers. Toss in the chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seeds. Serve.
From Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers, we hope that you enjoyed this seasonal recipe! For all of your insurance needs in Camarillo and neighboring cities in California, don’t forget to give us a call to get started.
Resolve to settle your sleep debt during Sleep Awareness Week!
From March 6th to March 13th, The National Sleep Foundation launched Sleep Awareness Week 2016. This annual event aimed to encourage the public to prioritize sleep to improve their overall health and well-being. With many healthcare professionals and community members encouraging effective and efficient sleep, many have been catching up on proper rest. If you missed Sleep Awareness Week, it’s not too late to catch up on sleep!
Sleep is an essential factor in leading a healthy and productive life. Lack of sleep or suffering from sleep disorders (such as sleep apnea) can be a detriment to our day-to-day lives as well as our overall health.
With such a busy lifestyle in California, it can be easy to sacrifice sleep to catch up on your work, studying, and social life. To sleep your way to better health and happiness, use these tips!
- Start the week by making time for the sleep your mind and body needs! Most adults need 7 to 9 hours to function at their best.
- Leave at least 2 hours between eating a meal and going to bed to reap the maximum benefits of a good night’s sleep.
- Turn off your phone, tablet, and TV at least an hour before going to sleep. The light from the screen is a ‘wake up’ note to your brain and can disrupt your ability to sleep.
- Make your bedroom a relaxing place in which you don’t watch TV, study, or eat. This aids the psychological effect of ‘going to bed’ and ‘going to sleep’.
- Make deep breathing, stretches, and other relaxing exercises part of your pre-slumber rituals to wind down.
- Keep a piece of paper by your bed and write down any worries of the day before putting your head down to sleep. You’ll sleep better and worry less!
- Remember to account for Daylight Saving Time! Spring forward towards better sleep and health.
From the insurance professionals at Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers in California, we hope that you actively work to improve your sleep. For all of your insurance needs so you can rest easy, contact us today!
Plan your month with these March events in California!
With March comes spring! Pack those sweaters away and fill your lungs with the sweet (and smoggy) air!
Check out these local events in California!
PPLA Food Fare – March 3rd
Planned Parenthood is gathering some of Los Angeles’ most prestigious culinary names under one roof for a full day of pure indulgence. Featuring over 100 restaurants, wineries, caterers and more, this one is set to be a food-filled day!
Rain Room – will close after March 6th
LACMA is no stranger to the popular exhibitions! The “Rain Room” is extremely popular in the eternally sunny Los Angeles museum (we wonder why?). The wet wonder from art collective Random International is quite literally a massive room filled with water raining from the ceiling—even though it’s falling on you, you stay dry! Don’t miss this room – it leaves us on Sunday, March 6th!
LA Festival of Colors – March 12th
What better way to ring in spring than by blanketing LA’s smoggy skies with clouds of yellow, cobalt, magenta, and green! LA’s Festival of Colors brings the traditional Indian custom of Holi—during which revelers douse each other in colorful powder as a way to welcome spring—to the West coast. There will also be Bhangra (group Punjabi folk dancing) and performances by world-music phenomes. Bound to be the most fun-loving event of the season!
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17
Los Angeles is host to plenty of Irish pubs where you can down a perfectly pumped pint of Guinness while enjoying the across-the-pond favorite: fish n’ chips! Check out the best Irish bar in Los Angeles here! Don’t forget your green t-shirt!
From Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers in California, we hope that you enjoy the month of March with these fun and local events! Before jumping into spring, secure your insurance policies by contacting us today!