Threats to business security is on the rise, so be sure to secure your business insurance in Camarillo, CA.
The director of the FBI, Robert Mueller, has stated that cyber attacks are quickly becoming the nation’s number one threat. With this information in hand (our source is the head of the FBI, after all!), businesses should be implementing strict and severe strategies for their cyber security to stay, well, secure!
Protecting your company’s data is imperative! In order to begin development of a cyber security plan, you must understand the Internet threats and how protecting your business from those threats directly affects your bottom-line. Check out the top five threats (and how to prevent them!):
- Malicious Code: Disastrous to each company who has an online presence and code generators.
Prevent: Install and use anti-virus programs, anti-spyware programs, and firewalls on all computers.
- Stolen Laptops/Devices: Each company computer stores a plethora of sensitive information.
Prevent: Always protect your customers’ data when transporting it anywhere on a portable device by encrypting all data that resides in it.
- Phishing: Spam and phishing emails can download bugs onto devices as well as allowing hackers to directly enter all files.
Prevent: Instruct all employees to contact their manager on every suspicious-looking email. Train them to spot these emails before ever opening them.
- Unsecured Wireless Internet Networks: ‘Free’ Wi-Fi is secured by the lowest form of encryption, allowing people to access your files and passwords.
Prevent: When setting up a wireless network, make sure the default password is changed and encrypt your wireless network. In addition, never use the ‘free’ Wi-Fi around coffee shops and malls.
- Disgruntled Employee Threat: A bitter, former employee could lash out at your company by releasing sensitive information, as well as changing passwords, and deleting critical information.
Prevent: Divide critical functions and responsibilities among employees within the organization, limiting the likelihood of one employee shutting down the whole company. Each time a member of staff leaves, on good or bad terms, change all passwords and passcodes.
To prevent the possibility of your company’s bottom life suffering, be sure to put these prevention tips into place. In addition, safeguard your business, should it fall victim to such attacks with reliable Cyber Liability Insurance. Contact Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers, serving Camarillo and neighboring cities with reliable business insurance!