Caffeine-free, natural ways to boost energy!
Put down that espresso and energy shot! You don’t need to chug a crazy concoction of chemicals or down buckets of coffee to get through the day. Instead of brewing your tea extra strong today, it’s time to try these natural ways to boost energy! Certain tricks will help you to surpass the 3:00 p.m. slump like never before.
Work out midday. When that mid-afternoon urge to doze rolls around, hit the road running or visit the gym. Studies suggest that workout out can actually increase productivity enough to counteract that time away from the office.
Eat regularly. Many people get fatigued because they starve themselves from morning until noon. Your body needs fuel (a.k.a. food) to function. Choose complex carbs (like whole grains) or healthy produce (bananas) to keep going.
Hydrate. Being dehydrated is a common cause for feeling tired throughout the day. Be sure you’re sipping enough water so that you’re staying hydrated all day long!
Pop a piece of gum. Gum doesn’t just refresh your breath; it can also revitalize your body. Chewing gum increases heart rate, which increases blood flow to the brain. It also stimulates the autonomic nervous system, which can increase alertness.
Lighten up. There’s a reason darkness and bedtime go hand in hand. Bright light awakens your brain. If you’re working in a dark room, it’s time to open the blinds, let in plenty of natural light, and turn on lamps if necessary.
Step outside. Head into the great outdoors, even if some woods aren’t nearby, a green park will do! Just a few minutes outside is enough to feel more alive!
The professionals at Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers hope that you move around at work so that your health benefits! Whether you’re looking for health insurance or personal insurance – we’re here to help you! Visit us in Camarillo, California or give us a call today to get started.
Here are six reasons why walking is great for your health!
Physical activity is good for us – as we’re constantly being told. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be complicated! Something as simple as a daily, brisk walk can help you to live a healthier life.
Gentle, low-impact exercise that’s easy, free, and available to everyone – here’s why walking rocks!
- Walking strengthens your heart
Reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke by walking at least 30 minutes every day. It’s a fantastic cardio exercise, lowering the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol while increasing levels of HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Walking lowers disease risk
Slash your risk of type 2 diabetes by up to 60 percent, and colon, breast, and womb cancer by 20 percent with a simple, daily walk!
- Walking helps you to lose weight
Walking burns calories! No matter how slow or short you walk, you’ll shed some pounds if you start walking more.
- Walking prevents dementia
Older people who walk six miles or more per week are more likely to avoid brain shrinkage and preserve their memory as the years pass! What were we talking about again?
- Walking increases vitamin D
Getting outside in the fresh air (and sunshine!) improves our bone health and our immune systems. Remedy your low vitamin D levels with a nice stroll around the neighborhood.
- Walking makes you happy
It’s true! Exercise improves your mood. By releasing endorphins (a.k.a. the happy hormone), a brisk walk can diminish the feelings of depression, as well as reducing stress and anxiety.
Before you head out on your walk, take a moment to secure your financial future. For all your financial protection and to receive quality insurance that suits your needs and budget, contact Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers, serving Camarillo and surrounding areas in California!
If you’re a busy bee, you can still maintain your fitness!
Many busy parents, businesspeople, and students have enough on their plate without the thought of regular exercise. However, this is a costly mistake to make! Putting health on the back-burner is almost a sure way to suffer later on in life. You have one body – be sure to look after it.
Clean eating and regularly exercising do not have to take up too much of your time!
Use these tips to get back into shape!
- Plan ahead – Look at next week’s calendar. Fit 20 minutes of exercise into your schedule for a quick sweat session! Try to do this three times a week to start. After a full week, you’ll have a better idea of what you can realistically fit in!
- Set realistic goals – Don’t schedule an hour’s workout when you actually only have 35 minutes’ spare!
- Cook in bulk – Preparing a week’s worth of meals can be done in one night! From salad to chicken, get creative to save time (and not starve!). Prepare meals that cut back on carbs for best results!
- Pack snacks – After work at 5:30 p.m., the last thing you may feel like doing is exercise because you’re tired and hungry. Luckily, packing a protein bar or a piece of fruit ensures you keep going and controls your hunger throughout the evening!
- Choose intensity over duration – If you have 20 minutes to exercise, make it worthwhile! You can work out for an hour and hardly break a sweat – so choose exercises that push you!
- Try home workouts – You don’t need a $100 gym membership to stay fit. From dumbbells to jump ropes, you can get all the exercise you need in the comfort of your own living room!
From Chambers & Company Insurance Brokers in California, we hope that you busy bees enjoy these tips! For better protection of your health and finances in one easy insurance policy contact us today!